Sunday, March 31, 2013

Prayer is Powerful, Prayer Changes Lives and Situations


James 4:2: “You have not because you do not ask God.” The phrase supports the premise that prayer changes lives and situations. Men in Ministry, the life we have we have created for ourselves as a reflection of our prayer life. When children decide not to serve the Lord, when the boss decides to put us in a terrible situation, when our marriage is not going well, when our finances are in disarray, all are a refection of our prayer life.
Ask in the Name of Jesus

Attached to the phrase from James 4:2 are a few if’s. God answers prayer to those who obey His commands and do what pleases Him. If my prayer life is in line with God, I will be in constant communication with the Holy Spirit. In this state, I will be obeying God’s commands and doing what pleases Him. Falling, repenting and turning from sin is pleasing to God. Not the falling part, but what we do immediately after the falling part. Prayer is powerful!

How long or how much time should I be praying? This is the wrong question. If a man has an appointment with a highly sought after leader, does the man ask: How much time do I need to spend with the person? No, the man asks how much time do I get with the person? This is the same question for us to ask when we are preparing to pray. God hears us. God will give us His undivided attention for as long as we want it. Prayer is powerful!

Psalm 40:1-2: “I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; He set my feet on a rock.” This Psalm strikes at my heart, to think that God will stop what He is doing turn to me and listen to me, then lift me out of my junk and put me on Jesus, the rock. I can get the King of King’s undivided attention.

Enter the presence of God with thanksgiving and praise. God inhabits the praises of His people.

Enter His Courts With Praise
Jesus says in John 16:23 “Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”  This tells us we need to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus. Ask for anything and it will be given to us, if we ask in the name of Jesus. Always keep in mind God knows what is best and when it is best for us to receive.

Examine your prayer life: does it mirror the prayer life of Jesus? Does your prayer life follow the directions of Paul, in Ephesians? Is it better for us to be in God’s presence consistently or only in an emergency?

Prayer changes lives and situations. God is waiting for us to enter His throne room and ask for whatever we need in the name of His Son Jesus.
Glad Tidings Men in Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment